LR Post

Lake Region's Student Newspaper

LR Post

LR Post

LR Girl’s Soccer Meets Fundraising “Goal” of $1500

After the Lake Region girls game against Montpelier that had all spectators on the edge of their lawn chairs, the team accomplished not one, but two of their goals. The win against Montpelier felt good but learning that during the game the girls had raised another $600.06 for the National Breast Cancer Foundation felt even better. This addition brought their total amount raised to a whopping $1,818.20, meaning that they overshot their initial goal by over $300 much like last year.

But, they aren’t stopping just yet. As a way to finish off the fundraising just as strong as they will be finishing off their regular season schedule and going into playoffs the girls will be attempting to raise even more! The goal by the end of this week is to get the total to $2000. Hopefully the turn out at the girls Senior Night game against Lamoille will push them over the edge.

This remarkable achievement wouldn’t have been possible without the dedication of the JV and Varsity teams, Coach Farnsworth, Mrs. Gariepy, generous opposing teams, and, of course, the unwavering support from fans and spectators.