LR Post

Lake Region's Student Newspaper

LR Post

LR Post

Graduation Speech
Graduation Speech
June 12, 2024
Senior Solo Night
Senior Solo Night
May 30, 2024

Mystery TAG Team Project

Bella and Oscar of TAG digging through trash in the name of the environment

Recently students and faculty have recently been spotted digging through the cafeteria garbage cans. You may have seen this on Tuesday, May 14th. The Lake Region TAG Team has been in talks of starting a fun new recycling project, not only to reduce the amount of single use trash LR produces, but give it a new life and a fashion that shows our collective impact.

There is now a solution to the students digging around the trash cans. The TAG Team has added a new stop to your lunch tray drop off. There is now a bin for your single use plastic cups. Usually these cups contain your fruit option of the day or other small add ons you can combine with your entree, salsa, guac, cheese, etc. 

The hope is that these cups, that would otherwise become just another piece of trash added to a landfill, will be made into new creations. Yes, trash sculptures with cleaned and recycled single use plastic cups. Not only will it show as a display of the amount of plastic we go through as a school, but also the wonders that could be made with a little bit of creativity and recycling.