LR Post

Lake Region's Student Newspaper

LR Post

LR Post

The Weirdest and the Worst Ninja Turtles Show in History.

This show is a dumpster fire waiting to happen. We all know and love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. But what if they made a live action tv show? What could possibly go wrong, am I right? Well, they did that and they failed  miserably. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, well you’re in for a treat. Here is the worst TMNT show ever: Ninja Turtles the Next Mutation. 

Back in the year 1997 we were in a period where the Ninja Turtles weren’t as popular, and it was the year after the 1987 show had ended. They wanted to try to do something new. So, they decided to give the rights to Saban Entertainment to make the show. This show was about the Turtles and their sister or possibly their girlfriend, Venus de Milo or Mei Pieh Chi who was a female turtle. The designs were cool except for the show itself.

It follows the Turtles fighting human-eating dragons, a gangster yeti, some vampires, a idiotic bounty hunter, and a very dump mad scientist. After saying that you can obviously tell that this show already sounds stupid. 

And what makes this show even worse, was that it was made by the same people who made the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and they even cross-overed with them! Anyway, the Turtles in this show were all stupid all, including Donatello who’s supposed to be the smart one but this time around he was not. We even had a storyline that was scrapped because this show only lasted for one season (thank god). And that’s not all, the Turtles (Mikey especially) wanted to be Venus’s boyfriend when they first saw her.

The show can’t even decide what cannon it wants to use, it references both the original movies and the original cartoon which contradict each other! But anyway, me and a bunch of others don’t recommend this show, but if you like to hate watching stuff, you like to make fun of things that are stupid than watch it. Now here’s the toy line that came alongside it and it is glorious. Here are some examples:

Now that’s a toy line. They even made Turtles with cargo pants ! All in all this show is just so awful that it’s so hard to watch.